Friday, May 29, 2009

I've got a blog...and I'm not afraid to use it!

Welcome! This is my first attempt at blogging. The California State University system in the past has been known as "the People's University" as a result of being able to offer an affordable, accessible, quality education to working Californians. However, with the nearly $1 billion in budget cuts since 2003, the yearly rise in student fees, and the threat of thousands of potential students being denied access, the struggle for the CSU to provide higher education remains in jeopardy.

This blog is an attempt to monitor and comment on the struggle for keeping California's public higher education affordable and accessible to all, with a focus specifically on the CSU. The opinions, viewpoints, and choice of content expressed in this blog reflect the views of myself, and myself only.